Dark Blue. Colour may vary from image.
Hippybottomus Stay Dry Bamboo Cloth Nappies are a ONE SIZE FITS MOST design. The adjustable sizing means you only need to buy one size nappy! Simply adjust the press studs on the nappy as your baby grows.
The outer is made of polyester with 100% waterproof PUL, so no need for additional covers!
The inner is 100% white bamboo charcoal fleece and is soft against baby’s skin. It is naturally antibacterial, mildew resistant and provides great ventilation.
The EASY TO USE POCKET DESIGN means the insert sits inside the pocket, allowing for speedy drying (as the nappy has 2 parts) and less irritation for your baby’s skin. EACH NAPPY COMES WITH 1 INSERT (3 layers of microfibre & 2 layers of bamboo fleece). Each insert is fast drying and highly absorbent. There is even room to add an extra insert to boost night-time absorbency.
The size is adjusted with the bottom 3 rows of snaps (9 snaps in total).
For small size - fold the bottom row of snaps (row 3) up and clip them into row 1.
For medium size - fold the middle row of snaps (row 2) up and clip them into row 1.
For large size - leave all 3 rows unsnapped.
The other snaps are used to adjust the size around the waist (very top row) and around the legs (second row from top).
- Store used/dirty nappies in an airtight container and wash them within 2-3 days
- Remove any solids if storing in a container before washing. You can also use nappy liners to catch solids and then dispose of thoughtfully
- Do not soak nappies as this will wear out the nappies faster.
- All of your nappies can be washed together as the colours will not run
- Do a rinse cycle first then wash with cold water; or add a pre-rinse to your cycle
- Maximum wash temperature is 40°C (high temperatures will affect the waterproof layer)
- We recommend that you DO NOT use any detergent that contains:
- bleach (including oxygen bleach/whiteners)
- fabric softener
- plant oils
- any other additives (including brighteners, whiteners, dyes, perfumes, essential oils etc)
- Do not tumble dry nappy shells
- We recommend drying nappies in the sun (as it is a natural bleach) - although direct sunlight is not required, just exposure to natural light
- Hang nappies on the line on their side to avoid the elastic stretching
GENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Be gentle when undoing the snaps so that you don’t weaken the material
- DO NOT USE BARRIER CREAMS, as they will leave a film on the nappies which will reduce their absorbency. You could try a cornstarch powder instead or something like coconut oil
Pre First Use Wash Instructions
- To build the absorbency of the nappies (especially the inserts, think of them like a new towel) you can either:
a) Wash the inserts 4 times in the washing machine. You do not need to dry them between each wash. You only need to use detergent for one cycle
b) Alternatively you can soak the nappies in a water for 24 hours and then wash in the washing machine once with detergent
Strip Cleaning Nappies EVERY 3-6 MONTHS or if you need to increase absorbency:
- First wash your clean nappies in warm water (40°C) with no detergent filled up to a high level
- Then wash your nappies again using a small amount of dishwashing liquid (yes, the one you use on your dishes - one that has no moisturiser). You can put the liquid directly into the drum of your machine
- Rinse as many times as necessary to remove any suds